Wednesday, 31 March 2010

Reflection and development of CJA

1. Areas for development:
1.1 Quad version
1.2 Staging in collaboration with Damian Cruden
1.3 Max patch for VJ to improvise with in performance

2.The question of reference material ... does it relate to the pluderphonics principle of 'to be and to refer'? The use of SA by RVW, to me, introduces a homeopathic dose of somewhere else into the piece. I consider that within the notes and lines is embedded a sense of somewhere else - as much as any tune that I may write could do.

3. Having introduced staging and lighting succesfully in so much as they do focus the eye onto the ear. AND that Damian Cruden insists its a piece for mainstage as it operates as both a 'human drama' and 'isolated in a vast landscape' - am I not heading towards a new opera paradigm through this application of music, technology and theatre?

No comments:

Post a Comment